Coffee, when drunk properly, is beneficial. But if you drink too much can be harmful to the body May affect the work of all 4 systems of the body. In addition, should drink black coffee. and should drink water accordingly To prevent dehydration and caffeine residue in the body
Dr. Suwanchai Wattana Yingcharoenchai The Director-General of the Department of Health said that working-age people like to drink coffee. To wake up, refresh, reduce sleepiness, increase rejuvenation in the morning or during the day make habitual habits in drinking coffee therefore may accidentally drink too much There is also a chance to get caffeine from food sources other than coffee, such as tea, soft drinks, cocoa, energy drinks.
how much coffee not dangerous
Can adults consume caffeine? You should get the right amount from the drink. and various foods. It is recommended to limit your daily caffeine intake to no more than 300-400 milligrams per day. Which is equivalent to 3-4 cups of coffee
The dangers of drinking too much coffee
If the body receives too much caffeine, known as caffeine overdose, it will affect the various systems of the body as follows.
- central nervous system It will cause your hands to shake, insomnia, anxiety, headache, sometimes causing seizures.
- digestive system It increases the secretion of gastric acid and gastric juices. Makes the amount of gastric juice and acid in the stomach more. People with stomach or intestinal ulcer disease Therefore, all types of coffee should be avoided. Including beverages or foods that contain caffeine.
- circulatory system Caffeine stimulates the heart. increase blood circulation May temporarily increase blood pressure Especially in those who normally do not consume caffeine. group with existing high blood pressure High blood pressure may increase heart disease risk.
- urinary system Caffeine reduces water reabsorption. passing through the kidneys Causing the kidneys to excrete more water an urge to urinate more often Calcium, a type of stone-forming substance will be excreted with urine In the presence of an abnormal amount And the favorable environment may cause urinary tract stones or urinary tract infections. kidney function deteriorates And it can be very dangerous to the point of kidney failure.
How to drink coffee to be good for health
- Should choose to drink black coffee without milk and sugar. Choose to order less sweet. or choose to buy products with the symbol “Healthy Choices” appearing on the envelope or product packaging.
- To limit fat or sugar may choose to be a low-calorie formula or sugar-free recipes will help the brain stay awake feel refreshed
- After drinking iced coffee, reduce sugary, oily and fried foods in the main meal.
- People who regularly drink coffee may be at risk for osteoporosis due to the loss of calcium from the body through urine Therefore, you should eat foods that contain calcium. From other sources as well, such as milk, small fish, green leafy vegetables,สมัคร ufabet etc.
- Eat all 5 food groups
- Drink 8-10 glasses of pure water per day.
- get enough sleep
- keep exercising regularly to help burn excess energy